For those of you that say TLDNR (Too Long; Did Not Read) here’s a snapshot of the 7 reasons given by Dr. DePaulo:
1. To fear future regret about a decision that feels right now is to mistrust yourself.
2. Regret isn’t just about our individual personalities and choices; it is a result of cultural pressures to feel a certain way.
3. In later life, regret about not having children is something some women mention, but only when they are specifically asked about it.
4. The decision not to have kids is the only one we question, but some people regret having kids.
5. To fear future regret about not having children is to misunderstand happiness.
6. To fear future regret about not having children is to underestimate the wisdom of our older selves.
7. To fear future regret about not having children is to embrace a narrow view of what it means to be human.
These books and more are located in the Childfree Family Library.
More Childfree Family Blogs & News can be found HERE.
Disclosure: We may earn a small commission (at no cost to you) for any product appearing on this page. Any purchases helps support our work in bringing you real information, articles, news and issues about the childfree lifestyle. Our site is free to use; affiliate links help keep costs down. Thank you.